30 March 2020

During the isolation what’s better than “A Sudan Campaign”


Well it’s been far too long since the last Sudan post.  I'm sure that most wargamers know that at times other periods and gaming companions call for your attention and that has been my hobby life over the past few years.

As most of the globe goes into varying levels of self-isolation and lock down, I thought it to be apt to resurrect some posts of wargames of the past and the fun of a campaign played by like minded individuals.  As I have mentioned in the past, this campaign umpired by myself and played magnificently by NWS members of the time Svend and Gil and current day members Dave and Geoff, was one of my great wargaming joys.  So much fun and the spirit of the correspondence, orders, campaign messages etc. continue to be a credit those fine four chaps.



With this level of input from the players it wasn't hard to lift my own game as well




Reports back to Whitehall

Responses did take time via the old boats when telegraphs were cut by those wily
and intrepid Mahdist warriors

The rest of Gladstone’s note plus General Davis ordering the column to remain at
Osmar Wells 


General Graham’s despatches to his staff

Page two of the earlier missive












The man on the spot sends in his story to The Standard.

The newspapers must be fed...victories fill columns back home!
Week three orders, responses and indeed more action to follow next week.

12 comments:

  1. Brilliant, I have a time table to crash through painting my Jacobites but the 15's for this have been creeping up onto the desk 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep them coming Graham - you know you want to. Hasnt this strange occurrence in the world been almost surreal!

      Delete
  2. I always have time for a stroll through the Sudan. Thanks for sharing, Carlo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a good man AJ - always great to have you pop by.

      Delete
  3. Makes one proud to be a part of Her Majesties Empire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see the campaign back up and posting again. Dare I ask if the campaign supplement for the rules will be progressing too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy I knew you would ask. Its simply fallen down the priority list of time available at the moment in both a hobby and life perspective. It will return one day I promise...

      Delete
  5. Love to follow your Sudan posts. Also really love the map in your first photo! Do you happen to have a scan or PDF of it to share? Pretty please??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat - email me and I am sure I may be able to accommodate you with a scan once im back at work.

      Delete
  6. I'm still plowing through the masses required.

    Done an Egyptian Regiment and just Finished the Black Watch

    A few Beja and Ansars done although many more to follow.

    Some helpful FFL are in the pipeline then it will be onto artillery and other guns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like you have already done an enormous amount of work Jim. Make sure yous end through a few pictures when you get a chance.

      Delete